Saturday, February 27, 2016

Making my own

Hi everyone, Sandee here today with some Easter cards that I created using some
background papers and a block printing technique that is easy to do. The 
technique is called a Relief print because the ink adheres to the parts of the plate 
that haven't been etched into.
This is a great way to create a focal point on your beautiful gel printed
instrument. ( dull pencil, or a retracted ballpoint pen )
I also embellished the printed images with some gel prints that I stamped and cut out and
then adhered them to the paper.
I am entering this one in Simon Monday Challenge : Inspired By A Song
which is....drumroll please....lol
Peter Cottontail Lyrics sung by Gene Autrey
Tim Holtz Crazy Things stamps are the perfect additions!
 
I have a short video explaining how to make the etchings in the styrofoam and
then a slideshow showing the steps to printing using the block, plus as a bonus I added some of my 
favorite prints that I pulled too!

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Well how fun is that!! I love the anticipation of seeing how the print turns out when you lift the styrofoam.

Pam said...

Cute cards! Oh no, now I'll be saving Styrofoam containers. I made carved printing blocks in High School (a long time ago). Loved the Here comes Peter Cotton Tale song! A blast from my past.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Stampn' Papper Scrapper said...

Very cute! and just in time for Easter too!! I love the bunny ears on the Chick very retro!!

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

should have known you would have a post.. to go with the video.. :) This card is lovely!