Sunday, July 20, 2014

Reflection is a good thing

I have to say that reflection is a good thing, whether it's careful consideration of a good story, mindful or long consideration about a decision you made or will be making, or simply reflection of light off an object. There is a lot of joy in this piece for it radiates beauty in my eyes. It's the first time I've done a silhouette like this with the moonlight highlighting her body and I really enjoyed making her. The moons rays were done with my Inkadinkado Modern Flower flourish stamp and heat embossed and the effect worked very well I think. I do have a video of me making this art journal page, if you are interested in watching it.
http://www.frosteddesigns.blogspot.com/2014/07/moonlit-dreams.html
I am entering this in Simon Says Challenge: About a Face

5 comments:

Winnie said...

What a beauty! Glad you are going to enter it into a challenge! I have never seen a flourish stamp used in such a fun way!

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful project! The moon and rays look wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Sandee, what an awesome piece! It grabbed me the moment I saw it in my Bloglovin feed, and I had to come have a look. Love how you've put the whole thing together. Hugs, Shaz xx

Pam said...

Beautiful! I love the moons rays and the shimmer and the way you outlined the girl.
Pam
scrap-nsewgranny.blogspot.com

Katia said...

lovely box!