Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Analogous colors

Any set of three or five colors that are closely related in hue(s). They are usually adjacent (next) to each other on the color wheel.

I believe for my piece I have chosen  2 tertiary colors and 1 primary color, I'll be honest, I never think about the color wheel when I choose my colors, I just pick colors I like together. Do you go by the color wheel first?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

entering my art journal page in:
Simon Monday Challenge Blog - A is for ... Art Journal
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog - Let's Have a Laugh
Journal52 You Always Make Me Smile... butterflies make me smile
Balzer Designs -  Art Journal Every Day

I wanted a very fun happy image, bubbly bursting with laughter. I also wanted something silly and carefree. Attitudes make me smile, a good one can go a long way! 

The butterfly comes from an online printable, I just drew in his legs and antenna. 

What makes you smile?



18 comments:

Granny Korner Craftingwithartgrandma said...

Sandee, this makes me Smile,
Thank you, sending Blog Love, missed you in the past couple days.
SharonEstes

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

YOU make me smile... Love this..

Diario Carnivoro said...

Love it!!!

Marion Armitage said...

I am smiling.. This is so bright and cheery.. Love it

Marlene said...

I really love this, love the smile and the little butterfly!!

Heather T. said...

Hah! Took me a while to figure out the perspective of the face... and it's so awesome! Thanks for making me smile this morning. Great colors, too.

Jean said...

Your art makes me smile!!!

Dagmar said...

I am smiling :o) and i love it so much!!!!

Barb Craft said...

This is great Sandee!!! You can't help but smile when you see it!!! Love the colors you picked! it made me think that maybe I should put a little more thought into the colors I pick for projects!!

barb :)

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute my friend and I smiled as soon as I saw it. You so often even make my heart smile and this is no exception. Luv ya girl. <3

Huggss,
Yvonne

Byrd Street Studio said...

Everything you create makes me smile and this one is no exception. Love this!

Unknown said...

It makes everyone smile, so lovely. Well done Sandee!

Pam said...

This is so cute! I like you choose colors I like together.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

MaryH said...

Sandee, this sure made me smile. I liked your colors very much, and to be honest, I NEVER think about the colorwheel. Didn't when I was a quilter either. I just pick what I think looks good together, and hope everyone else will like it as well. I'm old enough to have learned to pretty much do what makes ME happy and hopefully, doesn't make someone else Unhappy! Your card is definitely in the Happy category. Hope you're staying warm up in the Hills. The Foothills is Cold! TFS & Hugs

Carole Z said...

I smiled as soon as I saw this..fabulous & so cute! Carole Z xx

Melissa Bove said...

This card made me smile!! Love it! Very cute!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Sandra said...

Ohh what a cute card! Love it! So cheerful! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

pauline said...

Love this! So colorful and fun. The art itself made me smile. :-) Happy Monday Sandee! xox