Monday, January 6, 2014

Abstract


Art that looks as if it contains little or no recognizable or realistic forms from the physical world. Focus is on formal elements such as colors, lines, or shapes. Artists often “abstract” objects by changing, simplifying, or exaggerating what they see.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
entering my baby congratulations card in:


I used again, the December Frosted Designs kit papers to create a baby card. I don't think it looks Chritmassy at all, do you? These are all the die cut stars that came in the kit, I outlined them with my Sakura pens. The sentiment is my own, I had to think of something since I searched the internet and couldn't find what I liked....go figure! 

I printed out each word/word set in a different font except for the first 3 words. The word strip "A baby is" has 3 of the fonts altogether which I hope ties in the other fonts and keeps it from looking too abstract.



1 comment:

Emily Leiphart said...

I love the artsy, graphic appeal of your card, Sandee! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Something New!