Monday, August 12, 2013

Umami: noun

a taste sensation that is meaty or savory and is produced by several amino acids and nucleotides

pronunciation

( Food Words Worth Savoring )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoy the video on the wax paper transfer technique, I'm still learning and experimenting so have a lenient heart while watching :)

what I learned this time:
1. Don't talk too much while you have something that needs to applied quickly, lol





my version of the August 2013 TH tag as a 6 x 12" wall hanging:

I was able to use a masking technique using post it notes to cover my image. I used the same techniques as TH did for the background ( it happens to be the way I do all my almost all of my backgrounds so that worked out easily enough. )

Ranger - Distress Stains, vintage photo,brushed pewter, black soot
Inque Boutique - tread stamp
Reminisce - sticker letters
Primo - charcoal pencil
Golden - Gel Matte, Archival Varnish ( for inks and stains )
Spectra Fix - pastel fixative ( for charcoal pencil )

6 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh this is soooo cool! love it!

Alexa said...

This hanging looks great Sandee. I love the softness of the image - looks fab. Hope you are well ... sorry not to have visited in a while but hope to get around more soon (ie once summer holidays are over!!) xx

Jean said...

I have never seen this! COOL!

Pam said...

This is great! I would love to try it sometime. Love the look!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Katy said...

Your wall hanging is awesome! Love the saying on there too! :)

MaryH said...

Great card, and great video. You're doing super in your making videos...really enjoyed it. I may have missed what you said about how you got the image onto the wax paper. Did you just stamp (if so, what kind of ink?) or did you run it through your printer? (and if so, how did you get wax paper to print?!) This looks like something I need to try...on my cruise to improve! TFS & Hugs