Saturday, August 17, 2013

Gamy:adjective

having the flavor of game; especially: having the flavor of game kept uncooked till near tainting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes
Little Scrap Pieces -  Fun Friday Linky Party!
Simon Says - Monochromatic
 
I don't do a lot of monochromatic cards and rarely anything monochromatic intentionally, mainly because I just love an abundance of color! So, thinking of creating a monochromatic Halloween card kinda made me itchy, but in a good way, because I like to make myself stretch a little bit out of my box, don't you? I mean, that's the main reason why I enter challenges.

I always have fun playing around with spooky moons and this one turned out well. I spritzed water on the card stock die cut and then dragged it through the distress ink, blotted and voila, a spooky moon just perfect for a Halloween card. ( I have a Halloween tag coming up in the Cricut Magazine October issue which uses the same technique. ) I also ran the edges of the moon through the same distress ink while the paper was still damp so that it wicks a little bit of the ink into the card stock.

Usually I pick one area to talk about, but today I had to choose 2 because I LOVE the little sign post that comes on the Paper Smooches stamp set, Happy Camper. I have such fun fitting sentiments in it and this time I found a clear sticker that fit perfectly! It's so CUTE!!


Paper Smooches - Happy Camper stamp set
Owl, sentiment - OLD sticker stash
Graphic 45 - pattern paper
Faber Castell - PITT pen
Close to my Heart - net stamp
Ranger - distress stain
Cricut - Paper Trimmings, p. 52 (moon)
( which is actually the circle from the base card that I made the day before! waste not, want not!! )

8 comments:

Judys Lace Creations said...

Cute card Sandee!
I just love the Graphics 45 papers.

Laura Sterckx said...

This is such a fun card, Sandee! You did a great job on the monochromatic theme! The owl and the bat look cute! :)

Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge!
Laura :)

Meggymay said...

Super card, loving the Spooky moon.
Yvonne

Pat N. said...

Great card, I love it! That owl on the sign post is adorable, and the moon looks spoooooky!

Jean said...

So cute!!

Pam said...

This is so cute! I really need to get going on my Halloween cards!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

What a super cute card!!! Thanks for joining us at Jo's FFC;-)

Katie said...

Aw, I love this! The owl is too adorable!