Friday, November 23, 2012

prudent: adjective

 
exercising good judgment or common sense
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Die Cuttin Divas: Challenge #92 Thanksgiving
 
 
I first cut my tag from the Cricut Stretch Your Imagination cartridge, then lathered on Rangers Ditress Stains in Mustard Yellow, and Barn Door. Now here is where I learned a lesson using my new acquired Dylusion Spray, Melted Chocolate....it covers everything and it absorbs all colors. Oh well, I still love it, will just have to be more prudent when applying it! Since I didn't have a hatch background stamp I used my Faber Castell Pitt Pen to make lines across the background.
 
 I then cut a piece of burlap and glued it into the corner with Aleene's Tacky Glue, layering the fall leaves cut from the Simply Scarecrow cartridge and the branches cut from the French Manor cartridge. I had some wheat from an old floral arrangement so I glued them down and added a twine bow. I then added letters from Reminisce's Unwritten.
 
To finish it off I added the Inkssentials Glossy Accents and for the sheer fun of it...just to see how it would react, I added a dollop of Citrus Alcohol Ink while it was still wet. It spread out pretty well, but I like the mottled look on the right corner of the acorn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I am joing a group of ladies for a little Christmas incentive :
Chrissy from Muse of the Morning - http://www.museofthemorning.com
Heather from Feather's Flights - http://www.feathersflights.com
Melissa from Love Bug Living - http://www.lovebugliving.com/

Chrissy, our creative leader has a slew of Pinterest ideas for handmade ornaments that she posted all the links to, you really should go check it out if you are planning on making some ornaments this year for your tree, or maybe as a great gift idea!! Go check her out on Muse of the Morning and also check out her adorable stuffed star ornament....makes me wish I could sew!



10 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty...thanks for playing along with us at DCD! Lee-Ann :)

Rita said...

Very pretty!! :)

Inkypinkycraft said...

Great tag,love the ear of corn! What a cool idea! Trace x

BJ said...

Love your take on Tim's tag. As soon as I saw it I thought of the challenge and thought this is the real thing - LOL BJ

Redanne said...

Love your improvisation Sandee, a really fabulous take on Tim's tag. Hugs, Anne x

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful Autumn tag. You ought to ck out Tim Holtz'z blog and enter this in his Nov Tag challenge. Thanks for entering Pause Dream Enjoy Anything Goes.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
PDE DT Group B

Julia S-W said...

Beautiful tag Sandee. I love the use of the wheat too with the string. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I must check out the links in your last post too.
Juliaxx

Gerda said...

Very pretty tag, love the colors!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a gorgeous tag. I wish I had a die cutting machine. I envy all the things you can make as a result. And this tag is no exception. I'm off to check your link.

Katie said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous! I love it!!