Friday, February 17, 2012

mission: noun

A special assignment given to a person or group

We have a new mission, for a young boy ( 7 yrs. old ) with an incurable brain cancer. My heart goes out to everyone in his family, so even though the mission was to send cards to him; I wanted to send one to his parents too. So my first card will be sent to them:
And I love how this stamp set has a stamp/die of the butterfly so you can add some dimension to an otherwise flat stamp.

H- heat embossing
E- embossing powder
R- ribbon
stamp - Our Daily Bread,
paper - NRN, Bazzil
embossing powder - American Crafts
ink- Brilliance

And this card will be sent to the little boy.
This little froggy ain't flat either!
I love making Frogs for little kids, and even though this one doesn't have a verse attached to it, it's very symbolic. In case you didn't know:
                                                                            F - fully
                                                                            R - rely
                                                                            O - on
                                                                            G - God
Paisley cartridge
stickles
Helmar Zap Dots
wood grain paper - Reminisce



And a fun squirrel update:
Some of the little buggers squirrels are really getting into the routine of me throwing a cracker down to them from my balcony. I get a kick out of the ones who look up at me, knowing they are going to get a treat!

Now if I can only figure out a way to take better pictures while talking to the squirrels, holding crackers in one hand, trying to keep my camera lens cap from dangling in front of the camera, leaning over the balcony, AND focusing all at the same time! ::whew::






And finally, I know some of you have asked me about submitting your cards for publication or in entering challenges and the fears you have about not being good enough. Well, read this, on Jocelyn's blog red balloon cards echos my thoughts exactly about submitting and hopefully will get you in the spirit to try. And in her same spirit, I will share my stamping card that I also submitted and it was rejected. You don't have to win, you just have to try!

And hey, if you go over to her blog, why not join as a follower, I am sure she appreciates it as much as I do when you follow me!

7 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Well, I would have chosen your quilting card. The words are perfect!
I'm sure that little boy is going to love that card, but the parents are going to treasure theirs.

okienurse said...

great post and cute cards! Thanks for dropping by my blog today. To answer your question regarding Okienurse. I don't know of any other Okienurses and I have gone by Okienurse for years. I am an RN by profession. I am now retired and spend a lot of my time crafting. There is an Okieladybug could that be it? She is a big cricut person. Her blog is www.okieladybug.com
Have agreat week! Vickie

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what awesome cards today!! i think the first one is my fave--i am a total sucker for butterflies

~Tammy~ said...

Amazing! What a sad tale, but your frog card is adorable and sure to put a smile on his face.

The card for his parents is so lovely and will it ever be appreciated. The struggles they are going through I do not want to imagine!

I have not submitted as of yet...for many reasons Joceylyn talked about. The big thing for me is time, but I like to craft as I want to craft. Thank you for sharing one of your cards! It is beautiful, and they do miss out on a lot of great cards. I guess they have to think layouts and what will work best with this or that.
Thanks again for sharing!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are all gorgeous Sandee!! I just love the colors of the first with the butterfly!! Stunning layout and design!! The froggy is too cute!! Love what it signifies too!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
blessings,
Chris

505whimsygirl said...

I'm sure the parents will love their card, as will the little boy. I have never sent anything to a magazine for publication. I'll head over and read the article. Hugs, Kay

Cards By Jan said...

Super pretty card!! I love the butterfly grunge set too, and you did a great job with ti, and love your little frog card also!! thanks for joining us... hugs