Thursday, February 16, 2012

George Washington: President

George Washington was the 1st President of the United States

My birthday is February 22, which is George Washington's birthday. And I had a cherry birthday themed cake until at the age of 10 I begged my mother for ANYTHING other than cherries! I also had my birthday as a day off which meant that I didn't have to go to school on my birthday until the age of 12 but on January 1, 1971, the federal holiday was shifted to the third Monday in February by the Uniform Monday Holiday Act which totally devastated me and I was sure I had jinxed the whole holiday/birthday combination since I had asked for no more cherry tree cakes! lol

So cherries have a special meaning for me :)
A close up of the hand stitching and a confession, I hate my hand writing yet I love my hand writing when I stitch it....now does that make sense?


CARDZ TV challenge 102 a stitch in time
The Shabby Tea Room week #101 Hi Ho Cherry O'
Fantabulous Cricut challenge me Monday #98 Fun with Puns
papers - American Crafts, Dear Lizzy and Bazzil
white pen - Reminisce
Rock Princess ( cherry stems and circles )
Paisley ( butterfly )

Some people don't know this but it's true! Yikes! Can you imagine having wooden teeth?

and this is on my bucket list:
 National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, DC


The card I made is for a lady recovering from surgery, it's one of my Cricut Card Fairy Cards and we always are looking for volunteers so if you want to join up send an e-mail to:
cricutccardfariyarmy@gmail.com

I hope everyone's day is cherry!

16 comments:

Mrs A. said...

You know until you pointed it out I hadn't appreciated that was what you had done with the writing!!!! Must try it sometime. Happy returns for the 22nd.
P.s. I didn't know that about his teeth either. hugs Mrs A.

scrappymo! said...

The stitching is fabulous. You have so much patience! Great job.

Craftychris said...

Such a lovely card - the stitching is fab! I bet you can't wait till you birthday, I always love mine xx

sophiesmama said...

WOW! Your hand stitching is AWESOME!! Great card too!! Thanks so much for playing Cricut Cardz Challenge at Cardz TV!
Hugs,
Mary

Yoshiras time to craft said...

love the sewing.great card.thanks for a good birthday story.tfs

Victoria said...

love the cherry blossom, the cartoon is ace too - thank you fo rthe visit to my blog x

Melissa said...

Wow, WTG with your stitching, thanks for joining CCC!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the cherry card. Especially like your hand stitching. If you think you have a bday situation then know that my Hubby's bday is on Feb. 2 Groundhog's Day and when the Groundhog sees his shadow I blame the more Winter on him. Heehee. Thanks for entering the Fantabulous Cricut Fun With Puns challenge.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Guest Designer at Fantabulous Cricut

Jocelyn Olson said...

I love your post and your card! That is so sweet that you had a cherry theme for years. The stitching is so fabulous (hooray for handstitching over handwriting!). Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog today...I'm a new follower!

Pat N. said...

I'm going to say Happy Birthday now in case I forget next week to do it! Your stitching is terrific! At first glance, I thought it was a gel pen or something. So that's pretty darn good, lady! Adorable card!--Pat

Beckie said...

Awesome. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!

Be blessed, Beckie
FCCB DT member

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Great card - this is one of my favorite papers! I hope that you have a nice birthday! Wishing you a happy weekend!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Sarah said...

Great card-- I too love your stitching..great work :) Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

mum of two said...

Your stitching is impressive! I love what you have done - so beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Cricut Cardz Challenge at Cardz TV. Hope to see you back again soon :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Scrapper69 said...

Happy Birthday wishes to you! and your card is wonderful! I LOVE the stitching! :o) Thanks for playing along with us over at Cricut Cardz! :o)

Theresa (CCC DT)

Kate said...

Happy birthday to you! I enjoyed reading your story - especially with respect to George Washington. I call my youngest George Washington all the time... although I don't really know why. AND we're Canadian!
Your cherry card is wonderful and your hand-stitched sentiment is fabulous! I'm glad you've found a way to like your hand-writing!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper