Friday, January 13, 2012

monotone: noun

consisting of or characterized by a uniform tone of one color

 This is the third challenge in the Cool Tools Week and it's about using your punches. I used my snowflake border punch across the bottom of my pattern paper and then used some of the negative punches to accent the snowflakes and to carry the theme of falling snow off the pattern paper onto the solid card stock. I am also loving the suede string that I tied across the border, the whole card has a very soft look to it.

punch - Martha Stewart snowflake border
paper- Anna Griffin
ribbon - suede Rainbow Gallery
stickles - Ranger, platinum
stamp- Robin's Creative Cottage
Stamp it Up! - Creamy Caramel
Helmars 450

7 comments:

Cyndie said...

What a cute idea! The falling snowflakes tie into your sentiment so well!

Robin Gibson said...

Love that suede fiber! And the falling snowflakes! Looks like we might get some tonight, eh? Great take on the challenge!

Anonymous said...

This is very cute, I love how you have placed all the snowflake negatives across the card, very clever!

Cindy said...

Really pretty card, Sandee. Love the color palette you chose! I am a new follower of yours! so hope you will follow me to!
Cindy Porter
http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...

Such a pretty card! Very creative use of the punch. I love the kraft/white color scheme, too!

Katy said...

Very pretty! I just became a member. You have great projects! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Susan said...

I really love this monotone color scheme!! I'm definitely going to try something like this.